Who Am I?

My photo
I'm always looking for more...I almost need to be too busy to function, to be content! I might have found it now! Between my make-up interests and my new business venture with Gold Canyon I am plenty busy. But not too busy to blog about it all!! Idleness makes me bonkers! LOL Hence the creation of this blog. I thrive off of organized chaos. My last blog attempt left little to my imagination, chalk that up to growing pains. This time around its going to be light, fluffy, funny, inspiring and just simple. I hope the happiness doesn't make you sick because I intend to go all the way in with it!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Is it Friday Yet???


So if you know me, you know that I have held many jobs in my years since the tender age of 14. In some ways I am not proud of that, because I am not sure it shows stability but in other ways I am proud to be well rounded in my experience. I have worked at McDonald’s, I did a brief stint at Marshalls (LOL that’s a story I may never tell!) a few retail establishments as sales associate and Manager, a supermarket, an Insurance company, a Pharmaceutical company, and a few government contract jobs. Yes I think that’s it, a few years ago I did an assessment on what about those jobs I liked and disliked. My goal was to find what really gets me going at a job and what makes me want to get out of bed every morning ready to take on the day. It also helped me decide on a true major for finishing my Bachelor’s degree, (so I thought) *insert another blog here*. I would love to say that it took on a life of its own and I am now in this rewarding career that I truly love. But such is not the case, I told myself once I got this new job after being unemployed for 10 months, that I would relax and not get all anxious about doing something else. But as I sit here every day making my next move based on the needs of someone else I find myself asking, “Is it Friday yet?” and its only Monday, maybe Tuesday! The Sagittarius in me, just can’t sit still, mentally or physically! Now it’s just not the job itself I have come to look at other deciding factors such as benefits, location and travel time. It all becomes important especially when you live and work in the DC/MD area. The more I sit here, the more I think, why wait? Why do I need to relax and just let it be for a while, if there is something burning in me that I want to do then I should do it. To this day I had two jobs out of that list above, that I truly was excited to be a part of, because I had bosses who saw my drive and offered me opportunities to stretch that as best they could. I also liked the responsibility I had and the respect I received as a result of meeting someone’s needs.
So I am now on a mission to fuse those two jobs along with my interests into a rewarding career for me that makes everyday a joy for me to be included in. Now don’t get me wrong I am already blessed with my life and the way God is truly moving in it, but I also know he has a purpose for me and to be honest this aint it! Yes I said “Aint”! I don’t want my career to define me, I am hoping the person I am and my beliefs represent me to the best of my ability and define me for God’s intentions. However, having a rewarding career at this point would be at the top of my “Bucket List” for life, along with being a mommy and a wife. I know some people have bucket lists that include sky diving and bungee jumping and that is fine, I am an adventurous person and when the opportunity presents itself for me to do something fun that I may not have done before then I will pursue so as for right now that is good enough. Now let me caveat that with I will never be enticed to sky dive or bungee jump! Right now I am about improving my overall quality of life and enjoying every aspect. Now, typically the idea when making a move in jobs has been to let the salary be one of the leading factors and for that reason every move I have made has been an increase in pay. Of course it was easier when I lived at home, but now that I am on my own I have to be mindful and this is what stumps me in a way because I have a few things I would love to blink my eyes and be engrossed in but the financial aspect scares me because it means a cut in pay until the money starts flowing in, but I can’t help but be enticed by the even more rewarding aspect of it: LOVING WHAT I DO. So I am off to explore ways to tap into this and really find a reason to smile at work other than because I’m just a “smiley” person!
If you are reading this and have the opportunity to do what you love to do every day, I hate you! LOL no I kid, seriously I admire you and commend you as I am sure taking that step do it came with reserve and hesitation but at the end of the day you probably wouldn’t trade it for the world. Or would you?? I’m pretty sure I have something on my desk or in my pocketbook I’d be willing to part with!! J
But in all seriousness, I will join the likes of you soon, so wish me luck as the venture begins. Operation “Life is too short, and parking is too much, to not do what you love” is in full swing!
K.I.S.S.
Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment