Who Am I?

My photo
I'm always looking for more...I almost need to be too busy to function, to be content! I might have found it now! Between my make-up interests and my new business venture with Gold Canyon I am plenty busy. But not too busy to blog about it all!! Idleness makes me bonkers! LOL Hence the creation of this blog. I thrive off of organized chaos. My last blog attempt left little to my imagination, chalk that up to growing pains. This time around its going to be light, fluffy, funny, inspiring and just simple. I hope the happiness doesn't make you sick because I intend to go all the way in with it!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Made On Mars….

                        
I guess it’s true what they say Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, my goodness Men really do live on a separate planet where NOTHING is a big deal except cars and sports! I never professed to know much about relationships having only a few under my belt and then a string of…Misfits…(Insert book chapter here). But my goodness, they really should come with an instruction manual. So with each experience I have in life my goal is to walk away with a lesson whether it be something I learn about myself or the other person. Really about them as I’m seeking to create my own manual.  Either way I try to be positive, I have a forgiving heart so I ultimately have no ill intentions of any past misfits. Currently, I just so happen to be in the midst of a blossoming relationship with a man who, well, keeps me on my toes. I seem to learn something new with him almost every week.  I think he shares Tom Joyner’s title for the hardest working man. He literally does not sit still until he sleeps and he doesn’t get much of that! He had a busy weekend in fact the last few have been kind of busy and for the most part I get it, I can’t exactly say you work too much I need my time, so quit. I can pretty much tell you how that will end, me spending weekends alone because I don’t have a choice…LOL well I’d have a choice, it would just end up being with me searching for the instruction manual of some new guy. But I digressed, I am perfectly happy with this model, its just never a dull moment. I say quite often that I have on my secret decoder ring in order to have a conversation with him so I can then decipher what logic he has talked himself into believing to make perfect sense. I swear to you when he says things to me he truly believes it to be LAW. You gotta love the man for standing up for what he truly believes, no matter how wrong he may be!
                               So after yet another few days of all work and no play and no talk. I check in to make sure all is good on the home front, he had some family illness scares in addition to the normal hustle and bustle. He answers the phone like nothing is wrong, like I didn’t call over the weekend, with ”concern”. I should add here the nonchalant after my thoughts of slight worry, piss me off!  Now we also do not live in a crime free world so if a few days go by in silence, I am wondering if I should be checking the local papers.  I know a bit extreme but I cover all my bases, so after I have established that he is just still working and recovering from a busy weekend of family stuff, I make a comment about looking forward to the weekends being “our time” to do stuff, but it doesn’t seem like that is happening lately.
He says “Babe, what are you talking about it was just this weekend, it was crazy.”
To which I reply, "I didn’t see you last weekend either"
He says “I talked to you on Friday?”
Me: *crickets* I’m pretty sure a man won’t see the problem with this but women understand my silence.
"Hello?" He says.
“Yeah I’m here”. (Sliding on my secret “man” decoder ring, because I know something is coming)
“ it was Friday right?, It sounds like you trying to say something else, what are you trying to say, Babe?” oh and now he has an attitude.
“Umm, *Duh, in my head* that we haven’t had any weekends to do "our thing" as planned”, I say now that the concern in my voice has moved to straight ‘tude as well.
"But it was just this weekend, I don't understand", now let me just say for the male audience that may exist, the proper response would've been,, "I know Babe, this weekend" I'm all yours. I would have even taken, "My bad Babe, you are right."
Now I must say this is in the middle of the work day so now I am trying to fall back because I am not really one for the afternoon work chat that turns into an argument. So as I downplay the conversation to avoid my coworkers getting to know the Jae that doesn’t always smile. I say “Yeah Babe, it was Friday.” To his defense, (not really) but I did see him that Friday he mentioned however, it was by no means date night as he was in between jobs on a "Break" sort of speak.
Cue his coworker asking a question, as I’m sure we were both relieved at this point. He says “Babe I will call you back when I’m done, I said no need just call me later, now that I know you are not laying in a ditch somewhere.”
He laughs….
Me: *Dial tone*
So as I hang up the phone, as hard as I could, annoyed because I saw that conversation going differently in my mind. I look down at the  obviously still broken decoder ring. I turn it around and now it all makes sense, on the inside I see the fine print reads:
“MADE ON MARS”
Oh get the....No wonder it doesn’t work!!
The journey continues…

K.I.S.S.
Jae :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, so I read this while watching Single Ladies (how appropriate). Loved this blog and it is so true. And when you fix your decoder ring can I please borrow it??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks cousin! I promuse u the second I hung up I said this is a blog entry!! P.s. Love single ladies! Gotta catch the replay.thx for reading!;)

    ReplyDelete